Charles Voisey, of the Inner Circle, plans to run for Parliament against the Liberal candidate, Aubrey Serracold, whose wife attends séances in Southampton Row. But when the stylish clairvoyant is found brutally murdered the scandal could damage Serracold’s reputation and allow Voisey the chance to sweep to power and corrupt Parliament from within. Emily, wife of an MP, steps in to help Pitt with his investigations, as Charlotte and the children are away on holiday at the coast, but are they free from danger?...
- "Fast moving and utterly engrossing." Booklist (starred review),
- "Was there ever a writer as dependable as Anne Perry? Her latest…novel Southampton Row is as rich in Victorian detail and as clever in plot as the previous 21 novels in this series… The quality is as high as ever." Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine,
- "Blackmail and another death are unearthed before the exciting and explosive climax to this finely crafted period piece." Coventry Evening Telegraph,
- "... the excellent mysteries of which she is a virtuoso." The Scotsman,
- No 5 on New York Times bestseller list
- No 7 on Washington Post bestseller list
- No 7 on Publishing News bestseller list