Cain His Brother
In his family life, Angus Stonefield had been gentle and loving; in business, a man of probity; and in his relationship with his twin brother, Caleb, a saint. Now Angus is missing and the depraved Caleb is suspected of killing him. Monk must find the body and discover the means and the motive for murder – and the missing murderer’s whereabouts. The more he investigates the more bizarre the twists and turns become...
- "Typical Anne Perry - just when you think you have it figured out, think again! No one can capture and bring to life the drama, excitement and feel of Victorian England like Perry. Her novels take you deeper than just the mystery at hand, to probe the characters' reactions and the frailties of human nature." Mostly Murder,
- "A triumph… A model of the richness and subtleties of relationships, characters and story construction." Chicago Sun-Times,
- Mystery Guild Main Selection
- Literary Guild Alternative Selection
- No 2 on Livres Hebdo Bestseller list