A Sudden, Fearful Death
Prudence Barrymore, a talented nurse who had worked with Florence Nightingale in the Crimea, is found strangled to death in a London Hospital. While Monk investigates, Hester takes a job at the hospital to learn more behind the scenes. He discerns the shadow of a tragic evil and more of his own murky past, and some unsavoury truths are revealed in the courtroom...
- "In this surpassingly excellent historical and psychologically intricate mystery, Perry makes deft use of history to cast additional light on modern-day issues." Publisher's Weekly,
- Barnes & Noble Bestseller list
- Publishers Weekly Bestseller list
- USA Today Bestseller list
- No 4 on Livres Hebdo Bestseller list